Saturday, October 19, 2013








On Columbus weekend last week I went to Ithaca,New York to take a class in Carrickmacross Lace. My teacher was Mary Shields and she is from Ireland and a great teacher. I was so thrilled that I was able to get into her class. This was my second time I was in Mary's class. The last time was in the year of 2001. I was a very sick lacer who came down with a nasty, dreadful head cold right after  I got to my room after attending the banquet. This year I had the nasty, dreadful cold about a week before Columbus weekend. So I was healthy and enjoyed my class more. Here are a few pictures I took and another one of my finished project that I finished this afternoon. So...now what do I do next....la...te...la...tee llaaaaa....

1 comment:

ann70821 said...

wow! Sherry, that is beautiful!

I wish there was some interest in lace-making down this way. I see your beautiful work and I want to watch someone actually making it!

Your friend from the South,

Ann