Wednesday, April 08, 2009






















Here is the very first picture of all of my grandchildren. I don't think the "Movie Star" in the middle is all that thrilled with Grandma Poperozi.

This is Martha's Celtic Teapot from her new book. This is a book to GET, I am telling you. I love all of the patterns in this book and I am not a tea drinker and since I was really sick last year...I don't drink coffee anymore either. But take a look at the colors I chose to make my teapot. These are colors I don't usually gravitate to....but I like it. This is from the New thread of Handy Hands "Lizbeth". I love this thread and all of the different colors. It is nice to tat with something different instead of the same O, same O, colors. You can order your thread here.
The other bit of news is tomorrow is my husband's last day at work. The company he worked for over 30 years is moving out of New YOrk State to a state where they don't have to worry about unions and so on. My husband will be 60 in May and he is going to loose some of his pension because of this move and he isn't quite the right age yet though he was close to retire. This will be a big adjustment for me to have my husband around 24/7. I am use to doing my own thing so I have a feeling I am not going to handle it very well. My time will not be my own anymore.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think the teapot looks fantastic! I got the book already, too. I'll be starting on one of them this weekend, but which one is the question. Sorry your hubby is out of a job, maybe it won't be so bad. He may find a hobby of his own!

Unknown said...

What adorable grandchildren!

Yes, that book is very popular right now! Love the teapot pattern and the thread that you used!

Tattycat said...

You are very blessed with your treo of grandchildren! The teapot is so pretty. I wouldn't have thought of putting those colors together, but I love them. Hang in there with the 24/7 hubby. I have the same problem when mine is home between school quarters. I asked him if he was going to get a part-time job when he retired and he said, "yes." I told him it was a good thing.!

Valerie said...

the colours make the teapots very unusual, but pretty.

Barbara Gordon said...

I have the book, but just got it. I'm wondering a head of time if you have to be pretty experienced to do these? They are so cool and I have been waiting for them to.