Monday, December 24, 2012

I would like to wish all my Facebook friends and family a Merry Christmas. I was proofing a new tatted block tree pattern and I decided to make them into decorated Christmas trees. The original tree made by the designer Donata Jones was in fall colorway. The picture on my made up card doesn't do these trees justice I have to say for all the beads do sparkle which makes the trees pretty. The garland was made using tinsle that I crocheted believe it or not including the stars on the top of each tree. I am sure that Donata will be selling or sharing this pattern with you soon. I did leave off the tree trunk which was also part of the original pattern. Anyhoooo again I hope everybody has a wonderful and safe Christmas celebration. Please remember why Christmas really came about...the celebration of Jesus Christ's birth.

2 comments:

Ladytats said...

Very pretty Sherry,
Merry Christmas and a Happy Tatting New Year

Stitchingranny said...

Hi Sherry, you contacted me regarding the Victorian wintery picture that I am (and have been for a long time lol) stitching.
It is called 'Gracious Ere' by Alan Maley and is available from Sew and So - http://www.sewandso.co.uk/Products/Alan-Maleys-Gracious-Era__DIM-3821.aspx
My dad bought me this for Christmas in 2004 but unfortunately he died in the December so never got to see me open it. I did virtually no stitching for about 12 months and only started again just before christmas 2012 and I am going to try and finish each of my wips one at a time. I really should start blogging again as that helped to keep me on track.

Thanks for your kind words
Helen (aka stitchingranny).