Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hi everybody,
Not to much to really share with you...but I did finish this bobbinlaced butterfly last weekend. I have now started making a Bedfordshire Bookmark which has thistle flowers in it. I saw this bookmark done in white shortly after I returned from a trip overseas to the British Isles and Ireland. I fell in love with this book mark...and it was the fire that burned my butt and said...Sher....you really need to learn how to make bobbinlace so you can make that. So I have learned bobbinlace and have been doing it for about 8 or 9 years now...and I have decided it is time to see if I know enough of bobbinlace techniques and see if I can make the bookmark. I am making this bookmark using black thread and a metallic black thread and using gold Goldrush for my gimp thread. This will take me quite awhile to make since I really don't have much time for making bobbinlace anymore...but I still enjoy it just the same when I can find the time. Meanwhile...here is the butterfly from Brigitte Bellon's book "Gekloppelte Fruhlingsmotive" p. 12 and 13. This is a great book. Lots of Butterflies, flowers and heart patterns. It is in German for the text...but the patterns aren't too hard to follow.

3 comments:

erin said...

That's beautiful! And if you make that bookmark I'll truly be shamed into finishing my butterfly. LOL!

Can't wait to see it!

Taoknitter said...

Hi Sherry, Thanks for coming to my blog. I enjoyed looking at your blog...tatting/lace making has always fascinated me. Unbelievable skill. I remember seeing something in progress when I was young and was overwhelmed by how complex it was. Remembering the sheer number of bobbins still does me in...that's why I knit! I am going to put a link to your blog on mine...folks should see this!

Cheers!

midgeling said...

pretty! I really like that.