Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Mimosa Tree

 Here is a picture of my Mimosa Tree taken from my kitchen window. It is so pretty. The tree makes me think of my parents. Nobody had a Mimosa Tree around me. The only place I saw it here in New York was my parents. I remember my Dad with his binoculars  sitting in his chair in the living room watching the Hummingbirds.

   years ago while visiting my girlfriend Erin in Knoxville we pulled over the side of the highway so I could pick some seed pods. I brought the pods home and the next year I started the seeds in a pit and planted them. The MimosaTree that was at my parents house is no more. When my daughter had a room added to her house the Mimosa Tree was taken down.

   


When I see this beauty I think of my parents and my friend Erin whom I have fond memories of both.

1 comment:

Jane McLellan said...

I think of a mimosa tree as having bright yellow flowers, like little pom poms. I googled it and it turns out there are two mimosa trees, one with pink flowers and one with yellow. Aha. Both are pretty!