Sunday, October 10, 2021

Halloween is coming

 I have been thinking about Halloween so I have been decorating and making cross stitch Halloween ornaments. In my pictures I am showing here are some of my decorating Halloween decor. Some are ceramics I did years ago and I lite them up for you. I have some Glitterville mugs that my friend Erin Holloway gifted me. I love them and the are the center piece around my big candy pot that is at the moment empty but it won’t be for long. Candy…candy…will be in it soon. 

   Shown is a picture of some Halloween ornaments Cross stitch I have been working on. The owl, I actually cross stitched years ago. I am going to finish it by going  around the outside with a tatted edge with an owl charm hanging down. I just finished stitching a Prairie Schooler design from the leaflet “Trick or Treat. The tiger kitty is a design from Satsuma Street complete kit. I enjoyed making this design and I will be making more of them. I think their ornaments designs are great. My upside down bat is Batty Boris. He was fun to make also. I have other Just Nan design which are Halloween in theme including Scream House which I have had for years. I really need to do that. It is so cute.

    I also think about cross stitch designer Lisa Roswell aka The Primitive Needle who had such a horrible Death. In the cross stitch picture shows the All Hallows’ Eve Sampler , Witches Nine, and another of her designs which was in an OOP cross stitch Special Halloween “Just Cross Stitch” issue. I have others patterns that I bought while Lisa was still with us on the planet I am thinking of doing the design “Moon Witch” maybe next. If you Google “The Primitive Needle” blog you can still  see her other designs. It was decided after Lisa’s death for her designs not to be reprinted so they do go for quite a bit on Etsy and Ebay.







1 comment:

erin said...

Awww. Seeing the mugs brings back good memories! The cross stitch ornaments are sooooo cute! You need to go ahead and do the design you and Lisa discussed in her memory. It would be a wonderful tribute!