Actually when I just went looking for this picture...I had originally named the picture I fan that went nowhere...LOL...but as you can see a failed design can still end up something useful.
You can't see her very well. So here she is in a bigger and closer picture. As you can see her dress was tatted with some of the yellow,red and green varigated thread that I have been wanting but can't find and I guess no one has...I used all I had on Angelika's dress.Her wings were made of net with some sparkly silver threads through it. I attached the outside tatting to the net using encapculated wire tatting. Her underdress is white velvet. I do think she is pretty even though I designed her. Hopefully if you click on her pictures here you can see her bigger than the pictures of her on my website.
Now that I told you how I did her wings...I will move onto a related subject...tatting with wire and using beads with it. I am going to show you some of the wire tatting I have done in the past few years. First I will start off with my necklace that I tatted using black wire with elcheapo gold metal medallions. This was a fun necklace to make. The necklace also has beads throughout and designed.In the next picture I will show you a floral spray that I think sewed onto black net. I used beads in this piece too. I am going to show you two pictures of this floral spray. One is I think the better picture of the tatted piece the second one shows how I converted it into a pin.
In the next pictures is an amulet bag that I made out of purple wire and brass wire...and again...beads...You have got to love those beads... Even the chain of this bag was made out of wire and beads.
Now this will lead me to some flowers I have tatted with wire. The first one is Mark Myers pattern. I did my leaves and stem differently from him fore I didn't have his pattern for his leaves and stem when I made mine. I proofed this rose for Mark and assisted him in teaching this pattern and how to tat with wire at Hector a few years ago. I have to say that I have discovered over the years that don't be surprised if your wire changes color. My rose is no longer as brite as it was when I first tatted it out of brass wire. I wonder how Mark's rose is fairing these days or if he has noticed the same thing...Maybe Mark will put a comment here and let us all know.
I have also designed my own flower which was published in the IOLI (International Old Lacer Inc) magazine, Summer 2003 with the pattern. I called it "My Heart's Desire". Kinda funny...I went and stole my own pictures from my website incase you didn't want to make the journey there yourself...LOL..
I have also used wire encapsulating in making flowers. Here is one of my designs that I made doing just that. My white rose with beads also added to the tatting.
All of my 3D tatted flowers have wire encapsulation somewhere.I have also done some flower sprays using again...wire and using beads. These two pictures are actually the same design....just done with different wire. Mark Myers had sent to me a drawing and this is what I did with it.
And lastly my bobbinlace rose that is not my pattern but was designed by Margaret Keller of Ireland. It is a celticrose which means the petals are intertwined...and wire was used in the lace tape to allow you to shape the rose. I made two of these. One I gave away..and one I still have. It was bobbinlaced using thread that is actually like Christmas Icycles you put on your Christmas tree after decorating them, you know kinda plastic...the silver and gold stuff you put o your tree. So this rose really does sparkle a whole lot in the sun. It is still a very pretty rose and the fact that it is a "Celtic Rose"...welll....I still love it.
I hope you enjoyed my journey in playing with wire and beads.